Hi! I’m MJ, and I’m currently working in Japan as an educator since Aug 2013.
My interests include travelling, photography, and eating sweets.
I like Japan a lot, and had traveled to Japan several times before I started my job here. I find the language interesting as well, and have been studying it for several years now.
I do photography as a hobby, and I like shooting random static objects like signboards, and also like taking scenic shots and street shots. Lately I’ve taken an interest in HDR and long exposure photography as well. Feel free to access my photoblog at http://iroiro.tokyo if you are interested!
Like most of the other contributors of this blog, I’m pretty wired up as well and have my fair share of gadgets. When the time comes to replace my gadgets I would normally choose to go back to the brands which I’d tried and tested. A list of the gadgets that I currently own is listed here:
[symple_tab title=”Work and Communication”]
- Sony VAIO Pro 13, i7 edition
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus (my soon-to-be antique SG phone)
- Sony Xperia Z5 (my main line in JP)
[symple_tab title=”Photography Gear”]
- Nikon D700
- Nikon D800
- Samyang 14mm f/2.8 UMC
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM A
- Nikon Micro-Nikkor AF-S 40mm f/2.8G DX
- Nikon Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D
- Nikon Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/4G VR
- Nikon 1 V1
- Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8
- Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8
- Velbon ULTRA MAXi Mini D Tabletop Tripod
- Manfrotto MK294a3-a0rc2 Tripod Kit
- SB-800 Flash Unit
- Sony MP3 Walkman B173F
- Sony MDR-EX500SL In-ear Monitors
- AKG k374 In-ear Monitors